Accelerated Live Reviews with Evercast
We’ve turbo charged our live review and approval sessions with Evercast, an ultra low latency streaming platform with built in video conferencing.
Evercast gives us the ability to collaborate with clients, in near real-time, anywhere in the world. Streaming 320kbps audio and 1080p video direct from Pro Tools with an average latency of 200ms, its as near to realtime as you can get! The sync is also rock solid and the security is studio approval by Netflix, Warner Bro, Sony and Paramount.
How it works
The stream from Pro Tools is completely separate to the video conferencing part of the platform, which allows it to be of much higher quality. Whilst the video conference stream may encounter echo cancellation and compression artefacts, the stream from Pro Tools remains clean, full range and perfectly in sync. Sessions can be securely recorded and participants can draw, point, circle, and type on the screen for everyone in the virtual room to see.
The platform works in the Google Chrome or Apple Safari browser and we can adjust the size of the video and audio bitrate if your internet connection is less than ideal.
Having a session with us
- We will send you a link to our virtual viewing room, copy and paste the invite token into Chrome.
- The first time you use the platform, you will be asked to create a password. For future sessions, you will use the email address that was used for the invite and the password you create during this step to log in again(all information is private and will not be passed onto any third parties).
- After you have created your password, you will be taken to the “Pre Room.” Chrome may ask you to “allow” your webcam and microphone, click ‘Allow’ for both.
- Click on headphone icon to select your camera, microphone(check level by speaking and seeing the green meter move) & speakers(check output by clicking on ‘play test sound’). Once that’s all set click save.
- When you’re ready click the ‘Go Live’ button at the bottom of the screen.
- You can mute your audio and video at anytime by clicking on the camera and speaker icons.
- Google Chrome or Apple Safari browser– please close all other tabs within the browser to save your CPU
- A microphone – this can be the built in one found on most laptops or an external one
- Playback device – this can be either headphones or speakers
- Reliable internet connection with at least 10Mbps down (can be less, depending on which stream settings are being used)